Loopuyt's very own Bartender David Trampe guides you step-by-step towards creating your own perfect mixes.
Photo: Robert Roozenbeek
GIN & TONIC
5 fluid steps
Take a big glass and fill it to the top with preferably double frozen ice ♦ 2.
Add 50 ml of Loopuyt Dry Gin ♦ 3.
Top it up with 3/4 of a bottle of Loopuyt Tonic ♦ 4.
Bruise half a lemongrass stick on the top. Rub the edge of the glass with the bruised part. ♦ 5.
Stir with the lemongrass stick and leave it in the glass.
Way of drinking: Like a gentleman, ladies first!
Garnish: 3 Raspberries on a stick and orange peel
50 ml Loopuyt dry gin
25 ml Sour rhubarb liquor
5 ml Campari
25 ml Fresh lemon juice
12 ml Sugar syrup (2:1)
1. Chill the cocktail glass with crushed ice. ♦
2. Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake with ice. ♦
3. Discard the ice from the cocktail glass and double stain. ♦
4. Spray orange zest over the glass and discard. ♦
5. Garnish with raspberries on a stick over the glass.
Way of drinking: To be enjoyed!
THE LOOPUYT NEGRONI
Garnish: Orange slice and grapefruit zest
40 ml Loopuyt Dry Gin
20 ml Red vermouth
20 ml Campari
1. Add all ingredients to a mixing glass. ♦
2. Fill the mixing glass with ice cubes and stir until the dilution is right. ♦
3. Chop big chunks of ice from a big block if available, or else use cubes and add them to the tumbler. ♦
4. Strain the mixing glass over the chunks. ♦
5. Spray the grapefruit zest over the glass and rub it on the glass then discard. ♦
6. Garnish with the orange slice.
Way of drinking: Like a bartender!
LOOPUYT GIN & GINGER
Cocktail recipe / Long drink
50 ml Loopuyt Gin
Flesje Loopuyt Gingerbeer
1. Take Copa.
2. Fill with ice cubes.
3. Add 50 ml Loopuyt Gin.
4. Top with Loopuyt Gingerbeer.
5. Squeeze a quarter of a lime into the glass and add it to the drink.
Cut a quarter of passion fruit and add on top of the cocktail.
Add a ginger slice.
If desired, serve with a straw.